My shopping list was as follows:
Pull ups size 2t and 4t
Diapers size 5
Wipes
Ground Beef
Frozen Chicken
Ketchup (yes we really go through 3 large bottles regularly)
Spiral Sliced Ham for Easter
Corn on the cob
Strawberries
Raspberries
Syrup
Jelly
Bisquick
A Rotisserie Chicken for dinner
And b/c I'm on a food storage kick:
5 pkgs of bottled water (20 gals total)
and finally...
4 pkgs of canned chicken
Obviously all that wont fit in a shopping cart so I got one of those pallet carts, aka Mormon Handcart.
And since I had my kids in tow, Samantha, and Livy rode on the cart and Anabelle, who still isn't walking, was in the sling. I was a sight to behold. Several people commented to me about having my hands full, and I almost ran over the same lady about 5 times as she kept trying to weave around me. An employee even pushed my cart outside while I pulled up up my car, and 2 guys loaded it. One of them said as he's loading 3 boxes of pull ups/diapers into my car, "you have 3 babies?" "yep" was my reply, and we were off to go home and unload.I have to say other than looking like a total werido, It was my best trip Costco ever. My girls had so much fun riding, that they never ran off or looked around for something to beg for. Those carts actually push very easy, much easier than a full shopping cart with kids hanging off the side. I could easily push all my groceries plus 70 lbs of kids with another 20 on my hip. I think I will use it again next time even if I'm not on a stock up, feed the masses, and obey the prophet mission.
3 comments:
A classic Mommy tale! Thanks for sharing!
That is so great!
I really can't believe that you go through that much ketchup! What do you eat it with?
Hey! you totally made me laugh and I needed it! We go through that much ketchup too--it goes on everything (I don't eat it, but Kirk & the kids do).
Post a Comment