Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Vacation

I was so excited for our Christmas Vacation this year. I couldn't wait to have Daddy time for a whole week without any work or church obligations. It was great and I held Brian's hand extra tight during Sacrament meeting. I love Christmas because there are so many traditions. This year we kept to all of them a started a few new ones too. Warning: Extra long post with lots of photos ahead!

Tradition #1 Christmas Dress in front of the Christmas Tree Photo:
Daddy and Uncle Brian Time

Tradition #2 Cookie Trains:


New Tradition Boondocks



This is what happens when Daddies have too much fun at Boondocks. Check out all the Stuff animals we won. I think we ended up with 5,000 tickets:
Anabelle loves her cousins especially baby Elijah. This kiss was without peer pressure.
New Tradition: Girl Cousin Sleepover
Complete with Princess sleeping bags and nail polish.



Christmas Adam (December 23rd)
Adam came before Eve (Nerdy, but it's Tradition #3)

We spent the morning Sledding behind a 4 wheeler (New Tradition). Way more fun than hiking up a hill. That evening we had dinner with the Baumans! ( I can't believe we didn't take a picture) It was so fun to see them. They are such dear friends we will have forever. Then we went over to Temple Square (Tradition #4) and froze to death. Next time we need to dress a lot warmer.

Christmas Eve

We went to see the new Disney's new Princess movie. With all these girls cousins it was a must do. We all enjoyed it. The hand drawn Animation reminded me of all the classic Disney shows that I watched as a child.

Christmas Eve Dinner


and Dessert

Tradition #5 Christmas Story and Nativity Tree

Presents at Mamo & Papas:
Tradition # 6 Christmas Jammies This year's say "Whatever Santa forgets Grandma will get!" So true Thanks for all the fun presents!

Tradition #7 Cookies for Santa, instead of frosting, dip the cookie dough in sprinkles then bake. GENIUS!
Everyone but Anabelle and Me got the Flu on Christmas Morning. Hopefully this will not become a tradition. This is how most of us spent the day. That is until we flew home that evening. Yuck. Oh well we survived. Thanks Willeys for a great Christmas!

2 comments:

RaQuelle Willey said...

So glad we got to spend Christmas with you! It really was a fabulous Christmas, minus the flu bug!

Bethany said...

Ok, FRIEND! Listen to me. I thought of you at church today. Why? Well, because I saw two little sister girls, dressed in the same cute dress, and I thought, "Oh, that reminds me of 3 cute Willey girlies, marching into church all matchy-like in their cute dresses." Then I thought of how the Willey girls set the standard for cute little girls, etc, etc. So I'm thinking all of this as I see these two little sisters in their dresses....... which happen to be THOSE EXACT DRESSES!! Bizarro!