Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cicada Killer Wasp!!!


I found some burrows in my backyard the other day. Unsure what creature was making them I promptly called my bug guy to come out and investigate. This morning before he came over I went out to discover that I have a Cicada Killer Wasp. No not a killer wasp, a wasp that kills cicadas. According to wikipedia they are harmless to humans and hardly ever sting, but that wont stop me from killing it. The bug guy is due here in 30 min. Thank goodness for him!

2 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Oh my goodness, that thing is disgusting! Although, we could have used it back in 2004 during our cicada invasion of Ohio! Yikes!

Julie said...

Those things are completely creepy, aren't they?! Sometimes I look at nature's creations and wonder if they weren't really a mistake :-). 'Whoa...guess if you cook it too long it comes out looking like THAT. Hmm.'