Well yesterday these 2 things collided. I had spent the entire afternoon doing kid laundry (5 loads btw). I got it all wash folded and put away (huge for me). During this same afternoon my children watched The Little Mermaid and Cinderella. Then after Bella woke up they all decided to help themselves to a snack (read: honeycombs sprinkled all over the house). Well around 5:00 I went downstairs and discovered the mess and thought. I really should clean up the front room so it is drop by worthy. But instead, I decided to clean up the kitchen (hidden from the front door) so I could start dinner. The "idea" came again a few minutes later I should really clean up the front room in case someone drops by, but I kept cleaning the kitchen. A few minutes later the doorbell rang.
I really need to be better at following the small impressions. Elder Bednar said at my parent's Stake Conference. Stop worrying about if an impression is the spirit or if it is you. If it is a good thing (ie clean up the front room before the kitchen) just do it.
So today I am grounded (do you ever do this to yourself?). I cannot go to playgroup unless I:
- Wash and put away 2 loads of laundry
- Unload and load the dishwasher.
- Clean all bedrooms, the office, and toy room
I better get busy.
5 comments:
This is why no one is allowed to go in the formal living room - so i can heard drop by guests in there and keep them away from the real "living areas" that no one should see. (well that's the idea/rule anyway nobody really follows it:)
I long for the old days when people would drop by and could just sit out on the front porch;)
Hey, this is just real life! A bishop's wife who is twice your age with an empty nest might be able to keep her house clean all the time, but that's not your stage! Keep it real!
Fly, lady, FLY! You are doing great! I like the play group reward you gave yourself for doing the dishes.
BTW, I LOVE the picture of the tea party in the wild flowers!
Katie - your expectations of yourself crack me up - but what's even funnier (to me) is what you think others' expecations of you are. Honey, no one expects your house to look perfect - or even drop by worthy - all the time. Seriously. I'm old . . . I know some stuff! xoxo
i am trying to do the same thing katy. i can't even imagine doing it with a 1 yr old though. you are an amazing lady.
p.s. i am continually failing. i just tell myself that it is still better that the way it usually looks. :)
Post a Comment