Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Long Month

Well it has been a long month at the Willey household, which spurred the desire for the JBW quote on my sidebar. Difficult days filled with peace. The birds don't seem to be singing, and yet the ducks wake me up every morning. For all of you who don't live at my house, count yourself lucky. Those crazy ducks seem to think their quacking turns on the fountain each morning around 6:30.

I have, however, found some joys this past month taking some time for me. Who has time for that anyway? Some of the things I have enjoyed are Sam Moon, the Zoo (okay not totally for me but the sunshine was therapeutic), surprise lunch date with my hubby on a weekday, a massage, a bikini wax (totally not therapeutic, but I did score some awesome new facial products from the esthetician -thanks Julie!), and a new gym membership for my rockin' hard body that will debut this summer (maybe).

Brian and I are coming up on our big anniversary trip. I'm not going to say how long it has been, b/c it makes me appear that I am old. I have officially reached the age when young married couples think, oh you're old. I'm not old, for my family size and length of marriage I am quite young as a matter of fact. I just got a jump start on things. I'm an over achiever. I hope you can read my sarcasm here and if not, then you don't know me that well so why on earth are you reading my blog?

Anyway our kid free trip is to NY. We have never been and are really excited. We of course are going to Wicked, the Met, David Letterman, (he shouldn't even be in this same sentence but hey we have diverse tastes) other than that we are still planning so if you have any bias opinions please chime in.

7 comments:

runningfan said...

You'd probably enjoy this post on my sister's blog about the talk to referenced on your sidebar: http://angieinpink.blogspot.com/2009/03/little-dose-of-inspired-counsel-for.html

Have a great kid-free trip! Sounds amazing!!!

Abbie said...

I love that while I'm reading this I can totally hear your voice in my head saying it. You make me laugh.

Okay, read my blog posts about NY. Hello! I did all of that for you, my friend. I didn't just blog to brag about how wonderful NYC is.

Dos:
- You have to do Liberty Island and Ellis Island. I loved them. Really, go.
- Look up. You have to be looking up all the time otherwise you miss the city. As you walk down the street or take a cab - LOOK UP!
- Check out the Fordor's travel guide. I really liked it. Check out or buy a guide for sure. They are so helpful (duh!).
- Wall St. was really cool. Just walk down it and spend time wherever you want.
- Go to church in the temple. Morningside ward is at 11:00. My in-laws in-laws is at 9:00. Tell them I say hi if you go. Kirk and Sheryle Wickman.
- The Met was amazing!
- Eat roasted nuts - so good.
- Wicked was AMAZING!!!
- Okay, just go look at my blog already. And talk to Diana - she was so helpful.

Don'ts:
- Ground Zero. Not worth it. It looks like a construction zone. Maybe it will be cool once they get everything done.
- Buy a hot dog or roaster nuts by a touristy places. Wait until your on the street in a random place - they're a lot cheaper.

Oh wow, that was long. I should be in bed. You just got me excited and chatty, which is something you do often, Mrs. Willey.

Abbie said...

P.S. I love that quote. You are amazing!

Okay, really, I'm going to bed!

Emma said...

I know how long you've been married - we got married just a few months after you! You aren't old, you haven't even hit your 30's yet!
Have a fabulous trip to NY. I'll go there someday!

RaQuelle Willey said...

You deserve some days to yourself, so I'm glad you did! Epically the massage, that sounds nice.
As for NY, have Jason take you around for a day. We saw more in one day with him than we would have in a week. He knew the best route and places to be when and he made a fun tour guide!!!

Rebecca said...

I love that you blogged about your bikini wax and a quote from a general authority all in the same post:) You rock!

O.k. so I would say that the Met is very overwhelming and you can't really feel like you have experienced the whole thing unless you are planning to spend a few days there, so if you only have time for one art museum I would choose the MoMa. I think that Tuesday nights are free or discounted or something as well if it happens to fit your schedule.

And Chinatown purse shopping is ALWAYS on my list:)

fourballerinas said...

Wow, I can't believe you're going on a kid free trip. Have an amazing time!! You're girls are beautiful. Happy Birthday Anabelle!
audrey Cox