Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meeska, Mooska...

Mickey Mouse! We celebrated Olivia's birthday on Saturday with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party.
I just have to say that the cake was Brian's idea. We have recently become Ace of Cakes junkies. This was our first attempt at fondant. Not quite Duff worthy, but I was very pleased, and it was so much fun. I believe we will be seeing several more fondant cakes in the future. This labor of love took 4 1/2 hours. It was all worth it when Olivia saw it on Saturday morning she said "(Gasp) Thank You! Mom you make a great party!"

Thanks to all our friends who came and had a great time celebrating with us!







Happy Birthday Livy! We love you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the party!!!! Livy looks so cute and happy!

Anderson fam said...

Ok you put my mickey mouse cake t shame! I love it!!! You are going to have to give me cake tips my next birthday party. I love you and miss you.

RaQuelle Willey said...

Wow can I hire you for my kids cake decorating? that is so impressive!
She sure is looking all grown up and I LOVE her hair.
Happy birthday Olivia!

MartyE said...

Wow, Katy. I'm so impressed. Rick and I love Ace of Cakes also. Who says cable only has junk on it?