Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Don't you just love the times when you children humiliate you. I'm not talking about the frustrating times when they act up that just get old. I mean the public occurrences when you as a mother just want to crawl into a hole and never come out. Every mother has these.


Like for example when a potty trained little girl has a diarrhea accident on the front row in a baptismal service (let's say, just hypothetically, that maybe this girl's daddy has just recently been called to the bishopric which could possibly make this girl's mommy feel just a tiny bit of pressure to appear as though she has it all together). Then as the humiliated mommy escapes with her stinky dripping daughter, she trips over her high heels and falls onto a respected gentleman sitting in the aisle. Sigh... how do we as moms recover from these sort of things?
Like this: I received this little treat of homemade turtles from the mommy of the little boy highlighted in my previous post. See that cute little note? It reads:
"I hope this is better than the last brown stuff we left at your house." So witty and cute. As always. My response to her was. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me digging the hole this time.
She was a little afraid that the secret of her and her sons identity would be revealed. So I would just like to say.
doN’t worry AbouT tHAt mom aNd son, your secret Will always bE safE with me anD my husband.

4 comments:

Lori-ann said...

That is stinkin' cute! Even though I'm sure the church incident was horrific, you told it in such a humourous manner, I couldn't help but chuckle in the "I can so relate" sort of way.

The turtles and the note... SO funny! Gotta love that sense of humor. :)

Bethany said...

Hilarious! If your hidden message hadn't given it away, I'd have known who it was. Who else makes homemade turtles?

Amy said...

ha ha ha...that was clever.

The Arbuckle's said...

Oh we've all had humiliating stories but I think this one is the winner.

I didn't know brian is in the bishopric, so is Jason. I feel the same way about people watching your little family like we should be perfect and reverent ALL the time.

Those turtles look AMAZING!