#1 No kids in Diapers?!!!
That's right this morning Anabelle had her first Pee Pee in the Pot-ty (yes ,I did the conga dance). This little girl has been showing signs for a while, but I have been to lazy/ busy to get going. So this morning when she told me "potty mommy" right before she filled her diaper, I thought okay today is the day. I pulled out the root beer, M&Ms and put the potty chair in the downstairs bathroom. After a few demos of reward for pee pee by her sisters, Anabelle got the idea. For the next 20 min I kept prodding her to the potty, until I accepted that she need to digest some of her soda before we would have success. I decided to wait 10 more mins and then try again. I got on the phone to make a call and Anabelle went "missing" I found her on the potty seat going all by herself!!!!
Don't be surprised if you come by or happen to be at A. Road Park and get mooned (sorry random fisherman). I not being neglectful, were potty training over here.
#2 No kids in a crib?!!
We bought a bunk bed back in January. A full /twin combo. The plan was for all three girls to share a room. Now this is my third time around. I knew what to expect, and the solution for each problem.
- Several days of not going to sleep. Solution: Keep her inside the room, she will fall asleep eventually.
- Crying when I tie the door shut so she can't come out of her room. Solution: Be strong after a few days she will give up and just go to sleep.
- Fighting nap time til it disappears completely. Solution: Put her in her crib for Naps
Well, like all things motherhood, I didn't anticipate:
Bite your sister because you know that you will get in trouble and mommy will put you back in your crib for the night.
Nice. So all attempts of sleeping in the bed have failed... until TODAY. I guess using the potty signaled something and when I went to put Bella down for a nap she said "bed mommy bed." She has said this before at bedtime and I usually say No because I know the result (poor Olivia). But for a nap, there wont be anyone to bite during her nap. Well long story short. She is sound asleep in her bed. Have you ever heard of a toddler who will nap in her bed but not sleep there at night? No it is always the other way around. This crazy girl. Maybe tonight she wont bite her sister. Maybe she will sleep there since she has done it before. Maybe.
#3 I just told Samantha to turn down the stereo. Unfortunately, this milestone falls among many others that will be repeated over and over again.
2 comments:
You're awesome! Now I know why God only sent me one child. I wouldn't have broken all those "parenting codes" without pulling every last hair out of my head. You're a wonderful little mommy, Katy! xoxo
amen, amen to gwen's comment. can you come here and potty train Catherine and teach tom to stay in his room at night? We have begun the stereo issue as well...funny huh?
DIAPER FREE?! i am jealous.
Post a Comment