Thursday, July 9, 2009

SYTYCD

As you may know, I am a So You Think You Can Dance-oholic. Remember this post? Well Season 5 hasn't been so great. Brian and I were commenting last night BEFORE the show that the dancers and the choreography this year has been so so. Then we were blown away by a fabulous show!
Kupono - You cocky punk! You really annoy me with all your stupid lists! Why did you have to do a Mia Michael's routine last night? I loved it. I guess your acting was great because I can't stand you, but I loved you last night! Darn it! Now you have to be in the Top Ten and that means you will be on tour this fall. Ugh!
Check out this so amazing Dance that won me over. Premise of the dance Kupono represents addiction and Kayla (who I think is darling) is the addicted I think this beautifully displays the affect that addiction can have on our lives and how it is so difficult to escape.



The other amazing piece of the night was Brandon & Jeanette's Tango.



I liked their Jazz routine better, but it's not on You Tube yet. Come on People!!!

I think that Joshua and Caitlin are going home tonight...

Top 4 predictions???
Brandon
Ade
Janette
Jeanine - poor girl need a new partner! Phillip is amazing at what he does, but he is a terrible partner. I'd love to see her paired with Brandon.

4 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses? said...

I think you're "spot on" with your SYTYCD predictions/commentaries, Katy. I love, love, loved the jazz routine by Jeanette and Brandon last night. It was my favorite number of the night.

I'm convinced the judges are keeping Phillip around so he can go on tour because he has such a unique style - otherwise, I would bet would leave tonight. (That Russion folk dance was awful! Sigh.)

Let's talk fashion. Cat's dress was hands-down, the most perfect black dress I've ever seen. PRECIOUS!!!

Katy said...

Cat's dress was amazing! Part of the fun of the show is seeing what Cat's wearing.
Do you remember the red one she wore a few weeks back? Horrendous! With the giant ruffle down the whole left side. She looked like a curtain. The biggest disappointment about SYTYCD Live last year was that she wasn't there. None of the judges or choreographers tour. I would love to meet Cat, Mia, Wade and Tyce. I think they are all amazing. Sonia does some cool/weird stuff but she scares me. Brian told me yesterday that for the 100th episode coming up Tyce is going to do a routine. That will be awesome. I can’t wait.

Keeping up with the Joneses? said...

I agree that part of the fun is checking out Cat's attire. In fact, I always start off my commentary on what she's wearing . . .

Do you remember the white pantsuit she wore a few weeks ago? LOVED IT!!

I totally remember the red ruffle, curtain dress. Absolutely no redeeming quality whatsoever. (And if I'm not mistaken, if had pockets, which made the dress even more horrendous.)

THE WITHERS FAMILY said...

Okay I also LOVED Kupono and Kayla's dance. One word---WOW!! Very intense. I had to rewind it 2-3 times so I could watch it again.
I am really looking forward to next weeks show when they have their new partners!