Friday, September 25, 2009

This is why you right things down.

Brian had a meeting the other night with President Weidman. Brain was his 2nd counselor in the bishopric about 2 1/2 years ago. He was asking Brian about our kids and he asked. Does Samantha still call you Peter?

When Samantha was 2 - 2 1/2 she fell in love with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. She wore Tinkerbell PJs every night. Well she decided that she wanted to be Tinkerbell and so naturally that meant that Daddy was Peter. This imagination game got quite real for her. To the point that she would call Brian "Peter" all the time. Even at church in front of the Bishop. We in turn had to call her Tinkerbell or she wouldn't respond. If she wandered off in a store I had to yell out "Tinkerbell" or else she wouldn't come out of hiding.

Her fascination with Tinkerbell died down right before her third birthday when she saw the Little Mermaid on stage at a children's theater. I had to preserve her love for Tinkerbell because I had already bought all the decorations for her Neverland Party. When party day came she was devastated because her Tinkerbell costume didn't make her fly. She really thought that once she had on the costume she would fly. The "best" part of the party was when we played duck, duck, goose but use the words lost boy, lost boy, Tinkerbell... and Samantha lost it and yelled "I AM TINKERBELL!!!!"

3 comments:

RaQuelle Willey said...

That was a great post! I love this story and so glad it is now written down. That girl just cracks me up, love he!

Jessica said...

Lol! That is so funny. I think I'll have to start calling Brian Peter, just for kicks!

Amy said...

I totally remember the first time Samantha came over to play and insisted "But, I IS Tinkerbell!!" No if-ands-or-buts about it.