Monday, May 4, 2009

Fraud Alert!

And you thought your mother was overprotective.
Brian and I just got back from our trip to NYC. We had a great time, more of that to come later. However, both our MasterCard and Brian's debit card were shut off due to Fraud Alert.
Now I know that we live boring lives and our largest expenses each month are at Costco, and Wal-mart, but come on. Do I have to run it by you every time we decide to up and take a vacation (which really isn't that often so I wonder why I'm complaining)?

Yes Mister Wamu/Chase, I'm sure it would seem odd if I bought gas in Dallas, then bought lunch and some magazines at DFW, followed by a taxi fare in NY, but doesn't that seem logical to you? Thank you for apologizing for any inconvenience. Yes it was inconvenient. Thankfully we had good old MasterCard to rely on...

Charge for two to the top of the Empire State building, followed by a few souvenirs on Times Square, tickets to a Broadway show, a nice diner and Denied.... I'm sure those charges would seem odd to you since we usually only use it for Amazon, but we did, after all, buy our plane tickets and hotel stay with you a few months back. Wouldn't that have been a clue? Oh yeah, you shut it off then too.

Lesson learned. Next time we will call and ask permission to spend our own money. And we will make sure to supply you with a full list of activities, our projected budget, and a promise to be in before curfew.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Hah! You're funny!

I can't wait to get the full run down of the trip... I mean, after you submit it to your bank... :)

Reynolds Family said...

That is so funny! We've had them call us before for "fraudulent" spending, but never actually shut the whole thing down. Sounds like a fun trip!

Ashley said...

OH goodness!! What a pain!! We had them shut off our card a few weeks ago because Chris paid all of our bills online and then we tried to go out to dinner that night. Denied. We had gone over our "$500/day spending limit." Um, it's called BILLS and we HAD to pay them! Nice when the banks let us know who's boss, eh? Hope you enjoyed your trip, despite the hang ups!

RaQuelle Willey said...

What a pain! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
ps new season 4 think you can dance starts again May 21st can't wait!

MartyE said...

Oh, I'd be so bugged! What a hassle. Sounds like you had a good time anyway!