Day 1 We arrived in NYC at 4:30. After my first Taxi ride ever, we checked in HERE and then headed off to the Empire State Building to have our very own Sleepless in Seattle Moment. Before arriving we grabbed calzones at some dive near Macy's and then of course had to peek in to see the entire floor of designer purses. Not to buy, that comes later. Here are some shots from the ESB. The straight down one is for you Janet. Brian just kept taking these shots to scare you. Gotta love the 86 floor drop. The green street is in front of Macy's. Zoom in to see the Thanksgiving Parade star in the center. Please excuse Brian's smile, I think he was worried the foreigner was going to run off with our camera. (It seemed as though we were the only ones speaking English up there).


Afterwards we went up to Times square, and wandered around.
Afterwards we ate lunch with all the business folks on Wall Street and then headed up to Chinatown where I bought some purses. It was so awesome. We haggled some great deals, and had so much fun we came back on Day 4 to do it again. That night we had dinner HERE. Thanks for the recommendation Desha. And total shocker we ran in to Bill Chors from home eating there too!
I'm sure emergency dental appointments in Manhattan come real cheep. Just like the food.
That night
we ate HERE. They had amazing Italian food. All the food we had in NY was amazing. I wish that I could have eaten more often because everything was excellent. They brought us a special dessert for the evening, then we headed of to WICKED!!!!!
Do you see our love note? It was written in chocolate!
Can you see
how excited I am in this photo?! I don't mean to brag, but check out my smokin' hot Green dress, and my hot date with his green tie and pochette. It was fun to get all dressed up. It was by far the best show I have ever seen. The talent was so amazing, the story was clever, the music was amazing. I don't know what else to say. It was awesome. And I would go back and see it again in a heartbeat.
After the show (I know you're not going to believe me) we ran into some friends (Bryn and Liberty) from Law School in Times Square. What are the odds?
After the show (I know you're not going to believe me) we ran into some friends (Bryn and Liberty) from Law School in Times Square. What are the odds?
Day 4 We had breakfast HERE (sorry I'm getting hyperlink happy), They had a really good juice called four flowers, it was a blend orange, pineapple, pomegranate, and banana juice. I am going to have to start experimenting so I can recreate it.
The Museum was amazing. So much to see. Then as I stated above we caught the subway back down to Chinatown. We bought watches, sunglasses, a bracelet, oh yes, and another purse. Then we had lunch in Little Italy. That night we saw South Pacific with Bryn and Liberty, followed by frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 (I didn't hyperlink are you proud of me). Then because it was are last night we went and saw X-men Origins at 1am. Probably the only part of the trip I wouldn't repeat. The movie was great, but the crowd not so much. Thank goodness for Taxis. Wow what a full day that was.
Day 5 We had breakfast at our hotel, made a last trip to time square and then headed to the airport. The flight was awful. We had to circle for 2 hours because of T-storms in Dallas (same storm that took out the Cowboys practice field). Unfortunately my mom didn't get the memo so she sat in the car for 1 1/2 hours with all my girls, who ended up having potty accidents in the car. Welcome home Mom. Sigh... so now I'm back to my daily routine that seems to be centered around my children bowel movements. Unfortunately, just like a pedicure, whisking away for a romantic week with no kids is one of those things I was better off not knowing how wonderful it is. Now I want to do it again, and again, and again...
6 comments:
sounds like a fabulous trip. someday when we make it to NYC I'll have to remember your recommendations.
What an awesome trip! I'm not sure how you fit all that in - but I'm sure Brian had a little to do with that. JK. Makes me want to go to NY.
AHHHH! I'm so glad you had fun! Isn't it magical? Next time you will have a free place to stay, but I'm sure it won't be quite as nice. (am I enticing you to come again and again and again?) You two look great. Love the green for Wicked. And I love your coat. Where did you get it?
I'd love to come again and stay with you Abbie. I'm thinking Thanksgiving??? I have to see the parade Live once in my lifetime! My coat is pretty hot too. Too bad it is already to hot to wear it here. I picked it up on clearence at White House Black Market in SoLa (southlake) (trying to making it sound as cool as SoHo which we didnot get to see. Next time.)
You look so great in that coat! I love it!
What an amazing trip. Love the stories, love the pictures, and LOVE your green dress!
Post a Comment